Hailstorms are scary and painful, making you thankful you have a roof! That is until weeks or months later you start to notice leaks in your ceiling due to holes from the hail. A roof can only protect you from hail damage when it is protected itself! By noticing the signs of hail damage, getting immediate repair, and taking precautions like upgrading to stronger roofs can help prevent you from having hail damage in the future. That way you can avoid damages like holes, dents, missing shingles, and more! Strong hail to your roof can cause holes, allowing rainwater inside and making you need roof leak repair. For roof hail damage repair in Denver, CO, call IEI Restoration at (303) 872-0049 today.
Signs of Roof Hail Damage
- The most obvious sign of hail damage will be dents in your roof, no matter what kind of material you have.
- Less deep of dent are called bruises, and this is where parts of your roof look concave and squishy. Sometimes these are harder to see, but runnning your hand over them helps you find them.
- Cracked, split, and shipped shingles or tiles are indications that hail has hit your roof.
- If you see shingles on the ground, they have blown off from severe wind or hail. Check your gutters for shingle sediment, as well.
- Take photos of all evidence and log what day the storm happened for insurance.
- Roofing contractors are available for professional inspections, and they can find even the most minute of storm damage.